Sunday, April 12, 2015

Gluten free chocolate peanut butter cookies

Yesterday we took our sister Maureen out for her birthday. I brought my camera but forgot to take pictures. We were all too busy yelling at each other. That's what Maloneys do when they get together. They yell. We don't even have to be together to yell. We can also do it by phone. Friday I was talking to Barb on the phone downstairs. Fred was upstairs and he heard me. He thought there were three people in the same room as he was in having a fight. No. It was just me and Barb "talking" on the phone.

From Paula. Her yummy flour free chocolate peanut butter cookies. She have us each some yesterday, and Barb gave us some yummy chocolate brownies as well. Oh my goodness they were so good.

2.5 cups peanut butter (I use unsweetened/unsalted Kraft). The recipe says not to use natural p/b as they don't cook properly
2.5 cups brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 eggs
2 tablespoons vanilla
2 teaspoons baking soda

Mix peanut butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Mix cocoa with baking powder.
Mix it all together. It will be crumbly, so with clean hands, form balls and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Press balls down with a floured fork to flatten a bit.

Bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees.  It made about 40 cookies I think.

If I make them again, I will cut down on the cocoa. Maybe 3/4 cup? That, and/or add a banana? They would still be chocolaty, but moister.  Plus the mixture wouldn't be so crumbly and the balls would form better.

No comments:

Post a Comment